+44 (0)7511791010 WC1 London, UK
AS A RESULT OF THE IMPACT COVID-19 HAS HAD ON ALL OF US, MY PRICES ARE NOW ALL REDUCED. PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR DETAILS (THE PRICE LIST IS NOT UP-TO-DATE)

Breath and Movement

Breath and Movement


Take the time out of your busy day to relax and let go of any negative or difficult emotions you have been holding on to. As your body unwinds, any emotional strain that you have been carrying begs to be released. 

Your feelings that you choose not to experience don't just disappear, but they are held in your physical being and can be manifested as unpleasant bodily symptoms. By releasing our suppressed emotions, we can alleviate the suffering within us. 

One of the most powerful way to to reach homeostasis, a state of equilibrium maintained by physiological processes, is breathing.

And guess what, it is at the basis of our own very existence, it is the bridge between our body and the external world and it is free!

Too often we tend to forget to breathe correctly, sometimes we can hold our breath without even realizing it!

On average, you take roughly 20,000 breaths per day. Although a primarily subconscious effort, breathing is complex and affects all parts of the body. When you breathe, you use the respiratory system and your body's cells use the oxygen, and in return, create waste in the form of carbon dioxide.

Actually, breathing is in charge of 70% of cleansing the body of toxins (the other 30% is through bladder and bowels). If you do not breathe fully, your body must work overtime to release these toxins.

You would be surprised at how many people hold their breath when they feel stressed. Feeling tension can create anxiety, and holding your breath is one of the things that can happen when you are nervous. But by not breathing regularly, you cut off the oxygen supply to your brain and body, and you can’t think or respond as well. In addition, it adds to your feeling of insecurity.

Body stress affects all systems of the body including muscles, respiratory, cardiovascular, endocrine, gastrointestinal, nervous and reproductive systems. It is the body’s way of guarding us against danger, it is a natural life saving mechanism (because you know, there was a time when humans were chased by dinosaurs and tigers..)

Nowdays, despite the occasions when our survival is truly endangered being rare, the stress of the modern lifestyle can trick constantly our organism into thinking that there's a danger out there and our intelligent body's response is still there ready to be enacted.

When our system is in a state of chronic stress, this may trigger other reactions of the body and often promote stress-related disorders.

Chronic stress causes the muscles in the body to be in a more or less constant state of guardedness.

The truth is humans are the only species in the animal world to create muscle tensions as a result of emotions (stress).

Think about the numbers of emotions that you dive through during the day.

If not properly expressed, they crawl into some part of your beautiful perfect body and cause some kind of discomfort.

Specific breathing techniques and movements can help you to get rid of unwanted stale emotions from your system, causing the natural state of health and overall well being to become your new normal.